Guys! Let’s face it, I’m not exactly known for my home decor lifestyle posts. However, this is too good to pass up and worth sharing. I am currently getting ready to move. There will be more to come on this later. I’ve started cleaning some of the usual suspects in the house and I decided to start with the most used item in my house, the oven. Now, cleaning the oven ain’t no thing, but I have always, always struggled with cleaning the oven racks. You can’t fit them in the sink, I don’t own a pressure washer, and trying to find replacements isn’t easy- I’ve tried. So, to Google I went to find my answer. Now, I have seen some crazy solutions for how to clean various parts of my house. My favorite was someone suggested a rain dance to wash my problem away. Remember the interweb is full of cooky stuff so be mindful, but I digress. Here I am looking for rack cleaning suggestions when I see something amazing. Ready for this?
1. Place your oven racks in your bathtub.
2. Fill tub with warm water until racks are covered.
3. Add a splash of your favorite dish soap
4. **Okay, this is where it gets weird, but you have to trust me. Add 5 or 6 dryer sheets to the tub. Yes, dryer sheets. I didn’t believe it either, but it is the best!! The short answer is the anti static properties in the dryer sheets pull the hardened caked grime from the racks with ease.
5. Let the racks soak at least 5 hrs, but you can go as long as you like.
6. Use the dryer sheets to scrubs the racks and watch the grime come off. You might notice that some of it won’t scrub off with the dryer sheets. If that happens, just grab your favorite scrubby pad to remove the rest. You can always do a second treatment to help loosen more of it.
7. Rinse the racks off and wipe down to make sure all the loose grime is gone. TA-DA!! Good as new!
Here is the original link for this awesome hack.
I did make the classic mistake, which is I didn’t take a before or after photo because I was pretty skeptical. Well, let me say, I won’t make that mistake again!
I promise that is a game changer!! Let me know what you think of this by commenting on my post or sending me an email. I can’t wait to hear what you all think!